List a couple of your "least" favorite movies:
- The Man Who Wasn't There -- one of the most incredibly
depressing films I've ever seen. I'm sure that
technically-speaking, it's impressively done, but when
it was over I frankly wanted to kill myself.
- Misery -- No doubt to avoid an R-rating, their depiction
of Annie Wilkes was ridiculously tepid.
List a couple of your favorite movies:
- Poltergheist -- the juxtaposition of thoroughly
likable-yet-realistic suburban family alongside the eruption
of decades-old erupting coffins, gave us a story that was all
the more horrifying for our ability to identify and sympathize with them. That and they didn't pussy out on the gore.
- Land of the dead -- Finally George can give it to us the way he's always wanted to because now he's fucking George, instead of just George! Plus I love Greg Nicotero's work. I also liked the strange emergence of Big Daddy as the film's first zombie anti-hero.
List a couple of your favorite directors:
- Quentin Tarantino
- George Romero
List a couple of favorite movie quotes (dialogue):
- "Did you see a sign out in front of my house that said Dead Nigger Storage?", Qt -- Pulp Fiction
- "Half! Give me half eddie. Give me half Mr. Fuck-you man", Eddie Murphy -- Raw
- "You haven't a womb! Where's the fetus gonna gestate, you gonna keep it in a box?", Monty Python -- Life of Brian
List a couple of your favorite genres:
List a couple of your favorite movie moments( with or without dialogue):
- When Bruce Willis shoots off Jack Black's hand with the 50 cal.
in The Day of The Jackal.
- When Shaun (of the dead) and Ed stare in shock at the female zombie in their backyard...then crack up, snickering, "She's so drunk".
A short paragraph on why you like movies and why you want to write about them here on this blog and what you hope to accomplish by putting your thoughts down here:
Movies are society's safty valve. Without regular doses of fantastical violence, we'd be left with no release and be forced to act out our aggressive fantasies on each other. Or maybe that's just me.
Anything else you would like to include on this Bio. sheet?:
Make something up for me and slap an 18+only warning label on it. xoxoxo