List a couple of your "least" favorite movies:
- Any movie that tacks on a "happy ending" just for
comercial purposes. Any movie that is more concerned
with being "polically correct" instead of being truthful.
- Oh and Forrest Gump, I hated that movie!
List a couple of your favorite movies:
I wanted to list my personal favorites, movies I've watched over and over...
- Millers Crossing -- A coen brother's masterpiece.
- Kiss Me Deadly -- Noir at it's parinoid best
- King Kong vs. Godzilla -- Best Monster movie hands down.Only thing missing? Aliens trying to take over the world with the help of the monsters.
- You only live twice -- I know almost every line of dialogue in this entire movie.
- First Contact( Star Trek Next Generation) -- "We've engaged the Borg",....Nuff said.
List a couple of your favorite directors:
I wanted to list directors who had at least 4 or 5 masterpieces. When you watched their movies you knew you were watching art.
- Alfred Hitchcock -- The master of suspense and the build up.
- Woody Allen -- Funny is funny plus he's about the only one left who makes films that require thought.
- Martin Scorsese -- He's always mentioned in any list of the best because he is one of the best.
- Stanly Kubrick -- I regreat that we don't have more films by him., but if he had worked faster would the movies we do have have been as good?
- Quentin Tarintino -- I have a love/hate relationship with him but I have to give him his props. Everything he's put out has been stellar.
List a couple of your favorite movie quotes (dialogue):
- "Okay, nobody move, Popeye's here!", The French Conection
- "Forget it jake, it's Chinatown", Chinatown
- "This far And no farther!, First Contact (Star Trek The Next Generation)
- "Godzilla!!!!!", King Kong vs Godzilla
- "I'd hate to take a bit out of you, your a cookie full of arsenic", The sweet smell of success
List a couple of your favorite genres
List a couple of your favorite movie moments(with or without dialogue):
- The 20 minute, totaly silent bank heist in the middle of the movie Riffi.
- The overhead soaring shot of James Bond running across the rooftops of the Kobe docks in You only live twice.
- Zefran Cochran jitterbugging while counsler Troi tries to explain the situation to Riker in First Contact.
- Dallas hunting the Alien in the airshafts in Alien
- Willard getting stinking drunk and exorcising his demons
at the begining of Apocalypse Now
A short paragaph on why you like movies and why you want to write about then here
on this blog and what you hope to accomplish by putting your thoughts down here:
There are enough review sites already. I wanted to be a part of a place where you could explain how a movie personally touched you, be it an old one or new, and create a community of sorts where you had a give and take disscussion over it's merits.
Anything else you would like to include on the bio. sheet?
I regreat that this is too short and I have left out too many great movies...